The Château d'Auvers was constructed during the 17th century for an Italian banker of the suite of Marie de Médici.
BUILT IN 1635 by an Italian banker from the court of Marie de Medici, Zanobi Lioni, the castle of Auvers dominates the valley of the Oise and offers an exceptional panorama on this preserved landscape. Remodeled in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, the various owners leave their mark on the field. The succession of terraces is reminiscent of the villas of the Italian Renaissance, while the classical style castle faces the boxwood embroidery of the French garden. The Nymphaeum, fountain
covered with mosaics of shells, has been preserved.
IN 1890, THE CHÂTEAU INSPIRE VINCENT VAN GOGH a known painting, The Castle of Auvers at sunset.
In 1987, the Val d'Oise County Council acquired the entire site and renovated it entirely. Since October 2017, the castle is home to the "Vision Impressionist" course. He traces the history of Impressionism, from its inspirations to its influences on the artistic movements that followed.
BETWEEN VIRTUAL AND REAL, the exhibition of the departmental collection of painting (Val d'Oise) focuses on the valley of the Oise as a source of inspiration for artists.
- Chèque Vacances
- Carte bancaire/crédit
- Tourisme handicap
Plein tarif : 12 €
Tarif réduit : 7,50 €
Tarif Famille : 30 € (2 adultes + 2 enfants).
Gratuit pour les moins de 6 ans.
Fermé le lundi (sauf lundis fériés). De 10h à 18h du 1er avril au 30 septembre. De 10h à 17h du 1er octobre au 31 mars.
- Visites individuelles : Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Visites groupes : Unguided group tours on request, Guided group tours on request
- Services : Room hire, Shop, Restaurant
- Équipements : Lift, Toilets, Air conditioning, Car park, Restaurant, Meeting room, Coach parking, Private parking
- Tourisme handicap : Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
- Mode de paiement : Bank/credit card, Cheque, Chèques Vacances, Cash