LES TROIS JARDINS DE L'ABBAYE DE ROYAUMONT
Open 365 days of the year!
After the Cistercians, who modeled the landscape of the area by channeling Ysieux and New Thève, industrialists who succeeded them after 1791 have developed new waterway.
In the nineteenth century, the nuns of the "Saint-Famille" (Holy Familly) planted tree-lined avenues and built a small cave still visible. Traces of all these periods weave an enchanting atmosphere.
The medieval garden, created in 2004 by Edith Valler et Olivier Damée , is organized around nine square of culture near the ancient kitchens and monk's refectory.
Since June 2010, it houses a new collection of power, symbols and magical vegetation, beneficial or evil, used in medicine or witchcraft. This composition is added to the cloister garden designed in 1912 by Achille Duchene (1866-1947). Quiet room isolated from the world but largely opens to the sky, it consists of four beds with geometric design, surrounded by boxwood and dotted with cypress trees, arranged around an octagonal pool.
Classified as an historic monument, it has just been restored by Pierre-Andre Lablaude, chief architect.
- Royaumont : le jardin des 9 carrés - Collection 2016 / 2018 (+ English subtitles) :
- Individuel tout public (Individuals / Suitable for all)
- From 01 january 2018 to 31 december 2018
Rates and reservations
- Single all public (Pass journée plein tarif) : 8€
- Single all public (Pass journée tarif réduit) : 6€
- Single all public (Pass journée tarif famille) : 22€
GPS coordinates lat. 49° 8' 50" - long. 2° 22' 57"
Parc de l'Abbaye de Royaumont Abbaye de Royaumont, 95270 Asnières-sur-Oise Telephone 33 (0)1 30 35 59 70 Website http://www.royaumont.com