COLLÉGIALE SAINT-MARTIN DE MONTMORENCY
The "Saint Martin's" church in Montmorency is a Gothic church. Located on a rocky outcrop and preceded by a terrace, it overlooks the valley of Montmorency.
The collegiate church is the former funeral chapel of the Lords of Montmorency. Its construction extended over five centuries.
From 1515 till 1530, Guillaume built the choir and the first four spans. His son, the Constable Anne, finished the nave and closed it with a simple wall, from 1557 till 1563. In 1687, the Oratorians raised a so unsightly facade that the architect Lucien Magne was in charge of restoring, from 1891 till 1908, a porch and a bell tower in harmony with the whole building, classified in 1943.
We can admire the former and magnificent stained-glass windows, real history books of the Montmorency family.
- Visite de la Collégiale de Montmorency :
- Individuel tout public (Individuals / Suitable for all)
- From 01 april 2016 to 31 october 2016
- From 01 novembre 2016 to 31 october 2017
Rates and reservations
GPS coordinates lat. 48° 59' 5" - long. 2° 19' 9"
Collégiale Saint-Martin de Montmorency 2 Rue Saint-Martin, 95160 Montmorency Telephone 33 (0)1 39 64 23 89 Website http://www.eglise-montmorency.com